Zach’s mother, Rebecca Collins, wants the world to know that her 15-year-old son was beaten earlier this week at his Chillicothe, Ohio, high school because he is gay. Another student recorded the confrontation on his/her cell phone. What we hear and see is frightening and shameful:
- a bully who has harassed Zach in the past, is waiting for him
- when Zach enters the room, the bully strikes him
- Zach pulls away and asks: “Why are you doing this to me?”
- the bully proceeds to savagely beat Zach
- none of the other students make any effort to intervene, no teachers are around to stop the violence
Zach may have a concussion and chipped tooth. The bully has been suspended for just 3 days.